Thursday, April 1, 2010

We came, we conquered!


This is the rock we climbed. You may or may not think this is a big deal, but for me it was a very big deal. I have NEVER dared climb this before. But this day I felt I could do it. Each step up gave me more of a sense of accomplishment. I kept thinking "Each step is taking me higher from the ground, thus further to fall if I did, but I am doing it because I want to and I can!" I did also think "Crap! Now I have to get back down, how's that 'gonna work?" But I did make it back down, with the help of my husband guiding my feet.
There are so many analogies that can be made from this experience. And I made some, but I'll keep them to myself. It does feel good to conquer your fears though. And yes, that is a cheesy picture of me feeling very proud of myself! :)

No comments: